Frequently Asked Questions
- How far are you from the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport in Sarasota?
43 Miles (or) 54 Minutes driving time. back to top
- How far are you from the Southwest Florida International Airport in Fort Myers?
69 Miles (or) 1 Hour and 15 Minutes depending on traffic. back to top
- Are there any cool restaurants to boat over to between Boca Grande and Manasota Key?
Yes! There are several restaurants and pubs that you can ride right up to from the water. In Boca Grande, there is The Pink Elephant and also The Eagle's Nest. In Placida, our favorite restaurant is The Fisheries. Going to the north, there is Stump Pass Grill and on Manasota Key, there is The White Elephant Pub and Flounder's Tiki Bar. back to top
- What towns are close to Manasota Key and Boca Grande, Florida?
Port Charlotte, North Port and Punta Gorda are within 30-45 minutes from the marina. It's very easy to access Placida and Rotonda West as well as Englewood, and Boca Grande, FL. Little Gasparilla Island can only be reached by boat or car ferry. back to top
- Will I need a fishing license in Florida?
Yes, Absolutely! Visit http://myfwc.com/license/ for further information about obtaining a fishing license in Florida. back to top
- Do you require a damage deposit?
No deposit is necessary to rent our boats for a day or half day. For weekly rentals, you will need your own dock and prior boating experience. back to top
- Do you provide a captain if we don't know the area?
Yes - their rates vary, but it is usually $100 for a half day and $150 for a full day. This is the best way to learn the area and not have to worry about drinking and driving. back to top
- What is your cancellation policy?
For no shows, we do not refund deposits but we do give our clients a full year to use their deposit. For all other rentals, we require a 15 day written cancellation prior to your rental date to give a refund. Inside the 15 days, unless we are able to rent the boat out to someone else for your selected date or dates, only then will we issue a refund. No refunds are offered for last minute cancellations except for inclement weather but this has to be discussed with the captain. It is the captain that will deem whether the conditions are unsafe for boating. back to top